Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its a convenient excuse but its not just the OLine is it...
(11-06-2017, 11:28 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Completely different season if we had re-signed Whit and Zeitler, replaced Bodine, and used one of our top three draft picks on a quality o linemen.

Like who on this board did not understand this before the draft?

Answer, only Mike Brown, Marv and Paul Alexander did not understand this or they did not give a dam because the organization was obligated to contracts with awful linemen and was going to make a lot of money this year even if they went 0-16.

The GM, head coach and o line coach all would be fired at the end of the season by any other NFL team or any major college football team.

and that is absolutely what I want to believe....because that's a clear and potentially fixable problem  (not that we'll go and do that though!!)

But then I think that some of this was going on last year when we had Whit/Zeitler.  

Then I also look at LaFell, Core, Malone, Kroft, Uzomah, Ross and even Mixon's actual play /production and think even with this OLine should they have not shown more?  is that unrealistic...

I guess my fear is that we magically fix the line by investing heavily in draft & FA and so that excuse is gone ....and hey presto we're still here in 2018 with our running game mediocre and our offense stuck going through #18 and maybe #14 has actually regressed and we are in another non playoff season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Its a convenient excuse but its not just the OLine is it... - sonofstat - 11-06-2017, 11:43 AM