Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can you justify NOT starting AJ McCarron the rest of the season?
(11-06-2017, 03:13 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Please... Stop. The excuse making is pathetically sad. There's a difference between explanations and excuses. These blanket statements as if Andy hasn't had any chances to be good or great are sad excuses.

1. Andy Dalton has missed plays and been bad even when he's had time this season. Sorry, but he has. He's missed plenty of throws that were needed when they were there to make. Certainly a lot more than he's made. He's not under duress every single snap. Not at all or even close. He's had time and blown it.... over and over.

2. NOBODY in their right mind is thinking "Well, with Andy Dalton the Bengals have a chance." when the Bengals are underdogs. 2. He's not any sort of big reason the Bengals win or any sort of significant significant difference maker. Virtually ANY starter in the NFL over the past few seasons would be able to have done what Andy Dalton has done with this team around him.

This doesn't excuse the bad Oline play. It's been horrific. But when the plays have been there... He leads AJ out of bounds. Over.. and over... and over. He sucks.

1. This just isn't true. Dalton has had good games against the Packers, Browns, Bills and Colts this year...and it's not like he's consistently had time at ANY point this year. He's missed a few plays on the rare occasion he has time, I'll give you that. What QB doesn't though? He's not elite...and tbh even elite guys miss some plays.

2. In our 3 wins, he was voted #1, #2 and #2 in the game ball threads. We don't win any of those 3 games without Dalton playing well in the face of immense pressure. Dalton has 59 wins for his career. If you don't think he's been a key player or lifted his team in many of those, I don't know what to tell you. Look up his game log. Maybe that will job your memory a bit.

Dalton is not Peyton Manning. He's not going to lift a shit roster. There might be 3 guys like that on the planet, and tbh I think even they would struggle behind this line with the 32nd ranked run game (yards and YPC). I don't think some people quite understand how miserable Dalton's supporting cast is right now. 

I love how Dalton has always had people taking credit from him due to all these mythical weapons and great supporting cast, but now his supporting cast blows and it's "no excuses, he sucks". Thing is, any mid-tier QB like Dalton needs a decent cast. Not 1999 Rams. Just "decent" at the very least. Dalton's supporting cast couldn't be much worse right now.

It's a freaking miracle he has a respectable 86.5 rating. He and AJ Green (to an extent Kroft) are literally the ONLY things the offense has going for it. I'd hate to see this offense with a less competent QB at the helm. One decent WR to throw to (that teams key in on). The worst run game in franchise history. The worst o-line in team history. 
Yet people are blaming the non-elite QB for not putting up great numbers in those circumstances.  Facepalm
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can you justify NOT starting AJ McCarron the rest of the season? - Shake n Blake - 11-06-2017, 03:49 PM