Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Changes will be like Lipstick on a Pig
(11-06-2017, 06:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I 1000% agree the only thing that will make a difference with this team is a complete, wholesale, clean sweeping change. All coaches gone - a few players out.

I very seriously doubt MB will ever let it happen. Oh he may (I'll believe it when I see it) not renew Marvin's contract ? I just can't see him cleaning house and hiring a new HC and letting him hire his own staff. He's not going to allow anyone that much control !

And he's never going to allow the new HC to pick his own players totally on his own. Remember the Chris Henry incident ? I completely believe MB was the driving force behind standing pat with the crappy O-line this season.

So basically the only true hope we have is that a new HC can somehow wrangle some leverage away from MB. I'll believe it when I see it. I truly believe Mike thinks he's doing a good job as GM.

I'm pretty sure the next head coach will be able to hire his own staff since all of the coaches contracts are up.  That really doesn't give up that much control.

As for the O-line, probably have to blame Tobin and Alexander for that one.  They drafted 2 young tackles and put the plan in place to have them take over.  Decent plan, shitty players.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018 Changes will be like Lipstick on a Pig - Hammerstripes - 11-06-2017, 06:57 PM