Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
" Why Should I Pay a Guard or a Center " --Mike Brown
I remembered I posted this Blues Brothers song after Mike let Whitworth and Zeitler leave.

She Caught The Katie

Mikes got his Katie, he left us a mule to ride
Mikes got his Katie, he left us a mule to ride
Yeah, Mikes got his Katie
Left us a mule to ride
The seasons train is pulling out
Leaving us way behind.
But just crazy about
That hard headed owner
That hard headed owner of mine.

Oh, some have rationalized not paying Whitworth or Zietler or free agent guards or centers out of emergency needs. Others have predicted we can get a good O Line in the 2018 draft......So we rationalize and we predict and we make excuses and we hope. .....but the truth is Mike Brown got rid of Max Montoya almost 27 years ago and in the media said, " Why should I pay a guard ".....He did this about a decade later with Steinbach. He did it this year and again said to the media, " Why should I pay a guard ".....and there have been many more O Linemen Mike Brown has refused to pay besides Montoya, Steinbach and Zietler. I'll add this, lets say we draft a new good O Line. We get drop dead lucky and we draft a good O Line. OK, how long before Mike gets rid of them and says again, " Why should I pay a guard or a center "..........So we can all rationalize......we can all hope....but lets save FAITH in the hard to believe for God, not Mike Brown.....Look, in Mike Browns 27 years we have often had no blocking and been The BUNGLES. We have often had no blocking because Mike Brown said in the media, " Why should I pay blockers ". He says this. He has said this for 27 years. WHY do you think his attitude will change in year 28 or year 29. ...I can no longer rationalize or hope when it comes to Mike Brown and Family.

Look, in 1980's we went to 2 Super Bowls thanks to great O Line. Then Paul Brown died. Mike Brown refuses to pay O Line and the result is his amazing 27 years with no play-off wins, unheard of in the NFL. There is no rationalization of it. There is no hope that Mike Brown will ever change. He is NOT going to pay for an O Line, so we are NOT going to win play-off game. Not as long as Mike Brown and Family run things. I'll say this about the Super Bowl winning Steelers and Ravens. Very often I see their draft picks, free agents or players they resign, and I find myself wishing Mike Brown was that smart. He isn't, they win, we don't, that simple.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: " Why Should I Pay a Guard or a Center " --Mike Brown - kevin - 11-07-2017, 06:43 AM