Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you force your kids to root for the Bengals you suck
(11-07-2017, 04:02 AM)Housh Wrote: I work with kids for a living and this morning I had a whole house of Bengals fans tell me that the Bengals shouldn’t even be a team anymore

Bro these kids are age 12-18. THE FAILURE IS INFECTING THEM AS WELL. When I have kids of my own I’m going to think Long and hard about if I want to waste their lives like mine has been wasted watching the Bengals for almost 2 decades

This thread is a joke, but kinda not.......keep it lighthearted tho cause that’s my tone right now

They say the best lessons in life are learned through failure.  If that's the case Mike Brown would be the poster child for this slogan.

My kids are older and generally come back from school on Sunday evenings for dinner.  Just about every week the conversation comes up about whether or not the Bengals lost again (because like an idiot I always wear my Eifert jersey on Sunday).  Although, the Bengals have had some successful years recently my kids still think they suck.  And come to think of it for them they do because they've never witnessed a winner in their lifetimes.  Winner meaning a team winning something when it matters.

They don't even watch the games nor show an interest.  It's really sad because when I was their age in the 80's I loved the Bengals and it set a foundation for being a long-time fan.  My kids did not get this foundation and now could care less about the Bengals or really the NFL in general.

Worst part is I've become the joke at the Sunday dinner table.  It's always "why do you waste your time watching the Bengals, even if they win today they'll lose in the playoffs if they get there".  Kids are brutally honest.  Maybe I should listen and spend my Sunday afternoons doing something else.  Actually, I may start doing that because every time I look at Marvin it pisses me off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you force your kids to root for the Bengals you suck - Daddy-O - 11-07-2017, 11:05 AM