Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Changes will be like Lipstick on a Pig
(11-06-2017, 07:37 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I find this whole thread really sad. I've followed the Bengals since the beginning. I no longer have any hope for the future of this team. Mike Brown will never change. He'll eventually hand the reigns to Katie, and it will be more of the same. Cheap SOB needs to hire a GM and step the *** out of the way. Marvin is a disaster of a head coach. I've got a friend who loves to remind me of how putrid they were before Marvin, and I respond with remembering two painful Super Bowl games, long before Marvin made making the playoffs completely acceptable. I predicted 5-11 to start the season after the Bengals didn't add any offensive linemen worth a damned and let our two best slip away.

I just don't see things getting better in the next couple of years. I would LOVE to be wrong. It sure isn't much fun to root for Cincy sports teams these days.

Mike Brown likely does not see himself as part of the problem which means no stepping back in any way on his part.

He likely sees the Glass as half full by focusing on positives. Like his pick of Carl Lawson in the Draft.

Mike likely gets goose bumps over that Lawson pick while learning little from losing Whitworth.

A selective Focus on positives while telling the Coaches that they have enough Talent on the Roster to win without Zeitler & Whitworth.

5 straight Playoff appearances, an 8 and 0 start and some Division titles likely dominate his mind as reasons why he himself is doing just Fine as a GM.

Therefore, in his mind, he just needs to Tweak things around him like maybe some of the Coaching Staff that he may now see as holding him back as a GM.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018 Changes will be like Lipstick on a Pig - depthchart - 11-07-2017, 01:19 PM