Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“We’ve all seen this movie before”
(11-07-2017, 03:51 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: what I find so offensive is Marvin is always laughing and jolly at the post game press conferences. He's got no fire in him. You don't see Tomlin acting like that after a loss
Tomlin's a petulant child coaching an NFL team while he waits for his career as Omar Epps' stunt double to really take off.

Guy tried to trip an opposing team's player during a play, then tried to play the 'Whoopsie! Innocent mistake, I swear!" card. Of course he's pouting after a loss.

This isn't to say Marv's shiny happy giggle-fests are enjoyable at all, they're not. But if we're going to compare him to other coaches that'd be better, can't it at least be one with some semblance of class? Not only that, on the list of negatives about Marvin as a Head Coach, his demeanor in press conferences is pretty low on the list (at least for me). How about a coach that can game-plan, make adjustments when needed, and will play the best players available regardless of if they're rookies or not? That might actually result in success on the field. How he behaves in front of the press is largely irrelevant as far as what we as fans ultimately want to see out of the coach and team.

What's next? "Marvin never looks overly upset when the team gets penalized. You don't see John Harbaugh acting like that, he's always screaming and looks baffled that you can't just assault WR's whenever and however you please."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: “We’ve all seen this movie before” - Ravage - 11-07-2017, 04:23 PM