Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's our Quarterback in 2018?
(11-07-2017, 05:05 PM)Ravage Wrote: Hoo-boy, Shane Boyd, that's a name I never wanted to hear again. 

I'm still bummed about my days at UK. Glenn Pakulak was the punter when I was there and lived on the same floor in the dorms as I did. Used to go out and work with him outside Blanding tower shagging punts. Our kicker then was awful, missing XP's regularly awful. I was a decent K with a good leg, Glenn was going to try and get me a tryout with the staff, then Mumme got canned, I moved out of the dorms and lost contact with Glenn, and that was that. Ahhh what could have been. :)

That's a good story, I remember him.  One thing was for certain while Hal was there:  you would be entertained. Smirk

What's funny about Lorenzen/Boyd is how it parallels Dalton/McCarron.....although McCarron is light years better than Boyd.  I remember a Louisville game, and UK was struggling.....fans were booing Jarred in our section, and yelling to play Boyd.  I kinda mouthed to my buddy, "yeah, that's EXACTLY what they need to do, play a guy that telegraphs every pass against this defense".  Some guy overheard me, and was like "Well, I'd rather have a guy telegraphing passes (don't think he even knew what that meant), than fatboy out there getting sacked"....or something along those lines.

Anyway, they put Boyd in the next series, and they were coming right at us (end zone seats), and Boyd stares a WR all the way down the field, lets go of the ball, and the S breaks a little late, but almost picks it.  I just look at ol buddy and grin.  He continues to badmouth Lorenzen, and I swear two plays later, telegraph and pick 6.  I ask if he's still interested in seeing what telegraphing passes can get you, he left....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who's our Quarterback in 2018? - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-07-2017, 05:13 PM
RE: Who's our Quarterback in 2018? - pally - 11-05-2017, 12:18 PM
RE: Who's our Quarterback in 2018? - ah5 - 11-05-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: Who's our Quarterback in 2018? - jj22 - 11-05-2017, 06:15 PM
RE: Who's our Quarterback in 2018? - McC - 11-05-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: Who's our Quarterback in 2018? - J24 - 11-05-2017, 09:58 PM
RE: Who's our Quarterback in 2018? - jason - 11-07-2017, 04:56 PM