Poll: How many weeks until the next mass shooting?
This poll is closed.
0%
0 0%
11.11%
1 11.11%
33.33%
3 33.33%
0%
0 0%
22.22%
2 22.22%
11.11%
1 11.11%
11.11%
1 11.11%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
10+
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Countdown to the next mass shooting
(11-08-2017, 05:11 PM)Dill Wrote: I'm a leftist with no mental health history and I don't want my non-semi-atuomatic guns without 30-round magazines banned.  I'm thinking not all of us "know" what the left wants.

Cool, you're good with your guns but not with mine so that doesn't make you an extremist?  You're the gun control version of the anti-abortionist whose cool with abortion, as long as it occurs within the first four weeks of pregnancy.

Quote:If the death and suffering resulting from alcohol abuse in a single year occurred all at one time in one place there would be plenty of outrage.  Even if only a faction of that total number: a thousand or five-hundred or three-hundred.

No there wouldn't, for one simple reason, people like to get drunk/high.  It's no secret that a large percentage of our homicides occur because of criminal activity directly linked to the selling of illegal drugs.  That hasn't made a dent in people actually buying these drugs has it?

Quote:In fact, there IS plenty of outrage. It is just distributed across time and space differently than a mass shooting event.

Yeah, it was called prohibition, and it was an unmitigated disaster.

Quote:No conceivable reason why one has to condemn "all things that cause pain" or shut up about mass shootings.
Not a good life plan.

Talk about them all you want, just bring actual facts to the table instead of foisting your uninformed opinion on us.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Countdown to the next mass shooting - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-09-2017, 12:58 AM