Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember how Marv coached defense in Baltimore?
(11-08-2017, 10:55 PM)McC Wrote: Not true at all.  And the guys who came in followed his path.  Marvin was pretty damned brilliant in Baltimore.   And you kinda missed the point.  I was talking about the way he coached.  You went right to the players.  Not the same thing.

What I said is 100% true. The coaches after Marvin absolutely did NOT follow his path. Not as much as you would think. I did a huge post breaking down the myth of Marvin as a DC on the previous iteration of these forums. I didn't miss the point, friend. You made no point. You offered up some conjecture trying to reminisce about something that doesn't exist: Marvin's ferocity as a coach/coordinator.

You really didn't present any evidence as to how Marvin now is different from Marvin then. All you did to explain your point was to offer up these wistful gems (my comments on your thoughts in Blue)....

"He came at you from everywhere, non-stop."
"He attacked you from beginning to end."
"He beat you to a bloody pulp."
^ Did he? Please present some sort of statistical comparison about his schemes and tendencies as a DC then vs now that makes sense. If you don't provide us that then you're just saying stuff to convince yourself that Marvin was a great coach. I'm not so sure he ever was, really. More on that way bellow.

I actually think your above random statements might more aptly apply to Mike Brown berating local city councilmen during the last round of stadium negotiating more than Marvin's coaching of the Ravens D.

"Bend but not break? Are you kidding me? He would bend and then break you."
^ Kinky, but not sure what this has to do with football or Marvin? Unless you know something about Marvin's private life we don't.....  Hmm

"There were seasons when I worried if the Bengals would even score on them. In either game."

^ Uh, buddy, we were all worried every game on if the 90's Bengals were going to score on anybody and in any game, not just the Ravens. That's not Marvin doing that. That's Mike Brown.

All kidding aside, lets tackle the real issue here and that is a lack of understanding the history of the Baltimore Ravens  defense during and after Marvin's tenure there. I will simplify my post from the other board and re-post the most important information showing the cause and (lack of effect) from Marvin being or not being there here in a few minutes.

HOLD FOR EDIT TO ADD INFO

I made my edit on the next page titled: Marvin's Myth
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember how Marv coached defense in Baltimore? - PDub80 - 11-09-2017, 09:50 AM