Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kat Terrell article on John Ross says no teams willing to trade up to 9
This was the telling excerpt. He's out of shape and he doesn't understand how to read coverages.

"When I was coming back, I was in for two plays, and then I’d be exhausted for two drives. It’s tough when you’re not in shape,” Ross said. "In this league, everybody is fast. It doesn’t matter how fast I can run. People can line me up all day and tell me to run a 4.22 but after the first one I probably won’t get back to that 4.22. It just depends on how well I condition myself. That was hard for me to see because I thought in my head, ‘I’m finally healthy; I need to be out there.’ But after I sat down and evaluated and looked at the film, I didn’t look the same I looked last spring, and that’s what they mean."

The coaches believe it’s more than just running routes -- it’s knowing how to read coverages and adjust those routes and do everything consistently every day.
“John has had three weeks of practice now. Let’s let him practice and let’s get him comfortable playing football again before we put him back in there,” Lewis said. “When he knows what to do and how to do it all the time, and when he can play productively, then he’ll play fast, he’ll play with confidence. But he wouldn’t be very confident [right now]. Each day, he gets more confident with playing football. He hasn’t been playing football. That’s the thing. You have to [practice] 11-on-11 enough to be comfortable with it.”
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kat Terrell article on John Ross says no teams willing to trade up to 9 - THE PISTONS - 11-09-2017, 12:42 PM