Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I keep hearing that Marvin and Dalton are the problem
(11-09-2017, 01:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The thing is, Marvin did have success, in terms of the regular season and reaching the playoffs...including a very impressive 5 year run.

The problem is, that as a coach, he hasn't shown himself to be capable of taking a team to the next step, or to regularly compete when the lights are the brightest.

Had he been able to win a couple of those playoff games, we would probably being viewing him much differently. Instead, he - and his teams - have failed on every occasion.

At some point, despite the owner or other obstacles, he has been in position to change his own narrative multiple times and hasn't been able to do so. IMO, he's an OK coach, capable of building a roster and creating a certain level of success...but that's where he plateaus, and any hopes of getting beyond that point fall victim to his limitations as HC.

Exactly Holic

(11-09-2017, 01:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And I agree...he never took the team to elite and needs to go.

So to be a coach of the Bengals, the next guy will need to possess the skillset to rebuild the team to competitive, then he'll also have to be a great motivator and tactician.

I think that's a lot of diverse skills to want in 1 guy. That's why the shortest path is to hire a GM and let the coach focus on coaching.

Pistons you keep basically arguing changing the head coach isn't the answer, it's not Marvin's fault. And in a way you're right

Look we all know the elephant in the room is Mike Brown. We all know he need to hire a GM and step down from running everything.

NEWS FLASH FOR YA he's not gonna do that and we can't change it or have any hope for that to change. Until the inevitable happens.

SO the best we can hope for is that Mike will some how some way finally come to his senses and embrace change. Hire a new HC and let him pick his own staff. This crew is surrounded by mediocre and it's a losing culture and this bunch has to go. Then HOPEFULLY this new head coach can somehow wrestle some control form MB, instill some confidence and accountability on this team. Fix the O-line (again have to cross fingers Mike will use FA to fix line) and get rid of some bad players.

That's the only hope we've got. Mike's not quiting or hiring a GM you can forget that !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I keep hearing that Marvin and Dalton are the problem - bengalfan74 - 11-09-2017, 01:38 PM