Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I keep hearing that Marvin and Dalton are the problem
(11-09-2017, 01:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's part of it...but most of our playoff appearances we were underdogs with fatal flaws on the roster.

I keep thinking What if we signed Alex Mack a few years ago? etc.

We had the cap space. We just didn't put the best roster possible out there. We always left a few bullets in the chamber.

Ask the Falcons how that worked out...... Mellow

(11-09-2017, 01:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote:
its amazing what we have accomplished with the rosters we have had...  2011 2012 2014 even making the playoffs those years didn't seem possible... 
I think marvin is a good but handcuffed coach here. 

Only 2013 I feel we had the roster to win and blew it...  2015 the defense almost pulled off the imposible for us... (0 credit to AJM and his 3 qtrs. of shit)  but without our QB who was playing at an MVP level just 2 years ago weren't progressing thru the playoffs far even if we did get that win.

But he has done good with what he has.  Now it took marvin 8 years a strike to get the little control he actually has..

what will the next head coach have?

There were some good OCs during that run too, don't forget.....and as for the roster, it all goes back to what some of us have been saying for YEARS.  Make a damn move in FA FFS!!!!!!!!!!  

I think Merv is stale and Bungalized, time to move on.....with the entire staff.  Fresh start is what this team needs.  As I noted earlier, had they given him a couple upper tier FAs (like an Alex Mack, or Dansby in his prime....etc) during that run from 2013-2015, he may have won a PO game or two.

(11-09-2017, 01:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yup, and that's the big difference. When Sam finally got his team in position to make noise in the postseason, he turned it up a notch and found ways to win, even with a sore-armed Boomer in '88 run.

Yep, no one really knew Boomer was hurt until well after the fact.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I keep hearing that Marvin and Dalton are the problem - Wyche'sWarrior - 11-09-2017, 01:50 PM