Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I keep hearing that Marvin and Dalton are the problem
(11-09-2017, 01:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why wouldn't he win a Super Bowl with the Steelers? They have a GM and Owner who makes sure they have good assistants there. Assistants handle the X's and O's of a game.

For the same reason we haven't won a single playoff game in 7 tries under Merv . We've had good teams with good coordinators, yet we routinely crap the bed in the playoffs. I think it goes to Merv's mentality. Merv has no killer instinct. No matter the score (well, unless we're trailing by a buttload of points), if there's a minute or less to go in the first half, he runs the ball and if the RB gets a huge gain , tries for a FG. Let's not forget Merv always goes conservative when we have a slim lead.

We can win a playoff game with this type of mentality, but we cannot win a Super Bowl unless we get the luckiest of breaks (i.e. fluke turnovers, once-in-a-lifetime performance from a skill position player, etc.).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I keep hearing that Marvin and Dalton are the problem - PhilHos - 11-09-2017, 01:55 PM