Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Myth of Having to Go Into a Season With Cap Space
(11-09-2017, 03:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I had zero issue with letting Marvin Jones, Sanu, Whit or Zeitler walk. In fact, I've defended each (non?) move. What irks me is that we watched these guys walk and didn't use the money elsewhere. We offered a big contract to Marvin Jones? We offered big money to Whit? Ok...well where did that money go? Why didn't we sign a different (maybe cheaper) Tackle or Guard in free agency? There were plenty available.

As BenZoo pointed out, it's hard for fans not to be pissed when we're watching our offense set records for futility behind a train wreck o-line...while there's 18 million in unused cap space just sitting there. We gave up 41 sacks and ranked 23rd in YPC last year, watched our 2 best linemen walk, and responded by sitting on our hands? Paul Alexander wasn't fired. Our big move was to bring back a washed up Andre Smith?

Regardless of the Bengals theories on team building, there's no excuse for that. It looks awful.

Exactly. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Myth of Having to Go Into a Season With Cap Space - PhilHos - 11-09-2017, 04:57 PM