Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Myth of Having to Go Into a Season With Cap Space
(11-09-2017, 04:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Or if you're planning on letting you're 2 best linemen walk from a mediocre o-line and also planning on using your top picks on skill position players, use that free 15+ million in cap space to address the line via free agency. Whatever you do, just don't completely neglect a line that was already bad. I really wouldn't have cared either way, as long as they addressed the line somehow.

The issue I have with people arguing about last year's free agency is timeline. 

We are saying we needed to replace Cedric Ogbuehi before his second year playing when it's common knowledge that most linemen take a big step year two. Hopkins and Andre were here to compete for Zeilter's spot. Hopkins had a couple good preseason's under his belt and was concensus for someone that needed to get snaps in the regular season. Andre a former top 10 first round pick with a solid albeit slightly injury prone career was brought in for competition. ( I don't wanna hear the guard vs tackle experience because lineman shift back and forth between the two every week all and cross the league.) As for Fisher...they didn't know what they had until know.

My argument he Bengals never spent picks or brought in any talent to compete with back end of the roster guys like TJ Johnson and Eric Winston.

Right now isn't about letting this or that guy go. It's about bad picks and even worse depth.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Myth of Having to Go Into a Season With Cap Space - Synric - 11-10-2017, 09:37 AM