Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agent Guard to Target: Andrew Norwell
(11-09-2017, 06:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why would the 11th best guard in pro football sign for only 5.5 million? I think you are severely underestimating the price tag. Didn't Zeitler just get a huge contract?

I am guessing closer to 28 million for 3 years is what it takes to sign him. He is rated as high as Zeitler I do believe.

I would love for us to sign him, but he will not be at the bargain price you suggested in my opinion

Yea the top 19 paid guards in the NFL make $7+ mill a year. Top 14 paid guards make $8+ mill a year.
Mike Brown just needs to be willing to pay an interior lineman that much money or he's going to forever have to cycle through draft picks or mediocre veterans.
And it doesn't help that the OT FA class will be terrible this year, forcing the Bengals to have to address OT in the draft to find anyone solid or better.
But IMO they need to address C or RG in FA to open up the draft a bit (assuming they care to be competitive next year).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Agent Guard to Target: Andrew Norwell - ochocincos - 11-10-2017, 12:01 PM