Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember how Marv coached defense in Baltimore?
(11-10-2017, 12:27 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Hey, thanks! It took about an hour to look that stuff up type it up, so I appreciate you reading it.

The ranking numbers like this, for example: MARVIN/1999: 6/31 = RAVENS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR/Year: DEFENSIVE POINTS AGAINST LEAGUE RANKING

So, the above example would mean that in Marvin Lewis was the Ravens Defensive Coordinator in 1999 and his Defense ranked 6th in points against out of 31 teams. So, he basically had the 6th BEST defense that year.

I showed the history of the Ravens D under Marvin and the several coaches after as well as if they changed schemes away from Marvin, or even if Marvin had any influence over them at some point in his career (HE ABSOLUTELY DID NOT). The OP mistakenly thinks that the Ravens defensive dominance was due to Marvin being there and "the way he used to coach" - whatever that means??? - and then said that Marvin's fingerprints on that D was the reason they had been so dominant all of these years. TOTALLY FALSE as shown by the evidence and history laid out in my post.

IMO, Marvin Lewis and a slew of other DCs should send Ray Lewis a huge check after they retire from coaching.
Yeah I caught the ranking after I sent that,actually I'm going to put this in my Bengals group because I think it's worth showing . My feeling is he was the wrong hire we just got hyped because it was a coach that made us revalent. But his first ever pick was a elite qb.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember how Marv coached defense in Baltimore? - bengalsturntup5532 - 11-10-2017, 08:59 PM