Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FO Derron Smith Move Backfires...
(11-10-2017, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Reggie Nelson is a special kind of player, we were fortunate that Zimmer was smart enough to snap him up from the scrap heap, and cast him in his proper role.  (on a tangent note, one thing that I always admired about Zimmer was his ability to see a good player, and get the most out of him)

With that said, Reggie Nelson is a tough act to follow.  Especially when you factor in the change in Secondary coach, at the same time it was Williams' turn to be the man.  Now, Williams was always slow to develop, he never "burst" onto the scene, at any point.  However, I did hope that he had matured enough to hold down the position while guys like Derron Smith and Josh Shaw made their way to the ranks. 

That is why i wanted Zim as HC here, he could recognize talent and he made sure players kept their shit together.

It is true that Reggie was special, but i thought Derron could be as well with his ballhawking abilities similar to Reggie.

He just wasn't a great tackler but that could of been coached. Losing Derron really shows what is going on here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
FO Derron Smith Move Backfires... - jj22 - 11-09-2017, 12:51 PM
RE: FO Derron Smith Move Backfires... - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-11-2017, 04:47 PM