Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The 2012 draft was a masterclass by the front office
(08-19-2015, 01:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Call me a hater, but I'm not quite as impressed by the '12 draft. Don't get me wrong, I think it was a good draft, but I don't see it as the grand slam, genius draft that OP does.

1)Dre Kirkpatrick
2)Kevin Zeitler

3)Devon Still
4)Mohammed Sanu
5)Brandon Thompson
6)Orson Charles
7)Shaun Prater
8)Marvin Jones
9)George Illoka

10)Dan Herron

Of these picks, only the 5 I bolded were hits IMO. Of those 5, only Zeitler and maybe Iloka have been studs (so far). Out of 10 draft picks, that's solid, but I don't think it's amazing or anything. If DreKirk and MJ take another step this year, it'll look better.

Still, Thompson, and Charles were whiffs with quality picks, but MJ and Iloka help make up for that. We did get great value for Palmer, but I think that wasn't so much Mike Brown's genius as it was the stupidity/desperation of the Raiders.

Considering that we had an extra 1st, 3rd, and a pair of extra 5ths, I think this draft was pretty average.

while they arent with us anymore i believe Herron is still on the colts and Prater the Vikings.

But i agree it wasnt a grand slam by any means.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2012 draft was a masterclass by the front office - XenoMorph - 08-19-2015, 01:27 PM