Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: Putin is telling the truth, former intel heads are "hacks"
(11-13-2017, 01:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes, yes it is. A foreign government attempting to influence the democratic process of another country in any way is an attack on their sovereignty.

That is not all that was done, as I have already explained.

Actually, there is plenty to do about this. For example, sanctions to that they don't get away with it. Or maybe finding out who in the US with knowledge and understanding of our electoral process assisted them in their targeting because out intelligence indicates that they did not have a sophisticated enough understanding of the process prior to this election cycle. Lots to be done in the wake of what happened.

I'm not okay with outside influences into the democratic process, I never will be. A republic exists as a representative democracy wherein the citizens are the rulers. That is how our government is supposed to work. When a foreign government intervenes in the process by which our citizens have a voice in choosing the representatives in our government, then that breaks down our government. It takes away the voices of citizens. An informed electorate is imperative to the continuation of our republic and the method by which Russian intelligence manipulated the public during the 2016 election cycle shows how easily the process can be corrupted. Misinformation, especially targeted in such a sophisticated way, is a threat to our democracy.

You can only sanction a country so much. It’s like grounding your child for a year. We have reached the point with sanctions with Russia that it’s just not effective because they have lived with them so long that they found ways around.

It is ok for us to move on and work together on the things we can work. While keeping an eye on them and others because we know what they did/tried to do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump: Putin is telling the truth, former intel heads are "hacks" - StLucieBengal - 11-13-2017, 01:26 PM