Poll: How many weeks until the next mass shooting?
This poll is closed.
0%
0 0%
11.11%
1 11.11%
33.33%
3 33.33%
0%
0 0%
22.22%
2 22.22%
11.11%
1 11.11%
11.11%
1 11.11%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
10+
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Countdown to the next mass shooting
(11-13-2017, 12:43 PM)Dill Wrote: I was all set to let this go--until you deployed the royal "we," projecting your embarrassment onto everyone else in the thread.

But "we" did not cap an egregious misreading of my post #46 by setting ourselves up as the gatekeeper of informed opinion.

I'm not "the gatekeeper".  I am "a" gatekeeper.

Quote:And "we" didn't follow that bit of policing by your habitual, totally unnecessary put downs of other people's abilities.

I was all set to let this go, until you used the words, "other people's".  It was clearly directed solely at you.

Quote:I see no problem with vigorous prosecution of arguments focused on arguments and not persons. I don't have a problem with parody and sarcasm so long as directed at issues and political stances, not people. So no doubt I have ruffled other right wing feathers in this forum.

Other than mine you mean?  Two things; the next time you "ruffle my feathers" will be the first time and, two, I'm nothing close to right wing.

Quote:And no doubt, when you start from a position of condescension--the standard of informed opinion--you feel condescended to when someone demonstrates your claims are not so "informed" after all. 

Wait, was this past of your post a bit of self-reflection?

Quote:But in this instance I very much doubt that some greater "WE" is set to combust into a flame of shame because I rolled a few LOLs into a dissection of YOUR misreading. 

It's ok, we forgive you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Countdown to the next mass shooting - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-13-2017, 05:02 PM