Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sessions considering second special councel
(11-14-2017, 10:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My only objection to this stance is that there's a chance that evidence of Clinton wrong-doing may have been uncovered in the investigation of Trump's Russian dealings. I would expect Sessions to recuse himself as much as the former AG (Lynch) did; although the conflict of interest was more glaring with Clinton-Lynch. 

I do not disagree that there could be evidence of Clinton wrong-doing uncovered in the Mueller investigation, but that investigation is not just about Trump or his campaign and any potential connections to Russia. It is about overall Russian influence in our elections and ties to people here that may have been illegal. This would be why Podesta's brother is under fire. I'd be more in favor of increasing available resources to Mueller and acknowledging that his investigation is not partisan, but is about the overall issue. I want anyone that is wrapped up in this, left or right, to face consequences, but I think what Bob Goodlatte and his colleagues are doing with Sessions means that no matter what happens with two special counsel investigations both will be seen as a political witch hunt. This is as much about discrediting Mueller as it is about hitting Clinton from my perspective.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sessions considering second special councel - Belsnickel - 11-14-2017, 10:20 AM