Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McGlinchey getting worked over tonight...he'll probably be our pick
(11-14-2017, 11:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the bottom line is the Bengals didn't think they had a need at LT/RT and therefore didn't entertain adding one. They wanted to see what Fisher and Ced did.

It's not about being impatient with Ross. It's about having a terrible offensive line and saying...yeah we could have addressed it. Plus, Ross has 0 catches in 9 games. That's going to lend itself to 2nd guessing.

I started a thread about how we were rebuilding. I saw the roster was in shambles.

Can we really call this rebuilding though? What young players have significantly improved other than Jackson? Sure guys have a good game here and there...but overall the young guys have been Poor.

It's an attempted rebuild at least. The goal was to groom Ogbuehi, Fisher, Hopkins, Vigil, the young DL, and the young DBs.
I think Dennard and WJ3 have made strides as well as Fej. Billings looked good last game and he needs more playing time through the rest of the year to get where needed for next year.

I think the big failure was on the offensive side. The line is obvious. None of the young OL have made big enough strides to be relied upon as a starter for next year. Boyd and Core seem to have regressed but it's hard to tell when there's so small of a window to try to get separation.

IMO the Bengals made a mistake keeping Dre Kirkpatrick. They seemed to have panicked when Whitworth left in FA and wanted to retain one of their Big 3. But since DK was kept, I hope Adam Jones's option is not picked up and that cap can be put towards OL.

When all is said and done, I hope the Bengals FO learned a valuable lesson this year, which should be not to put so much faith in a position coach getting a couple young players where they need to be without solid insurance behind them given those young players didn't exactly have good resumés leading up to this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McGlinchey getting worked over tonight...he'll probably be our pick - ochocincos - 11-14-2017, 11:34 AM