Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people
(11-14-2017, 08:10 PM)Dill Wrote: There is hope, though. Implicitly, without meaning to, Mr. Trump asks us if this is the best we can do. It falls to us to do better. We cannot agree on our politics, but we can declare that we stand beside one another against cheap attack and devaluation; that we live together and not simply beside one another. In the coming years, when my boys ask again their questions about who can be their best friend, I pray for a more hopeful answer.

Seems like this guy is asking "us" to do better, like "stand beside one another against cheap attack and devaluation."  Maybe he is talking about blacks too?

This could be one step away from ISIS, but I am not seeing it.  I know some were unable to finish reading this piece, but can some of those reacting to it maybe cite what seem to be the worst parts and explain why they are so bad?

Telling your child to be afraid of others because you are a coward. If he doesn’t like white people and thinks they are violent towards blacks then teach his son to defend himself. Instead he is teaching his son to be a scared coward.

I guess it’s just a coward father turning his son into a coward.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people - StLucieBengal - 11-14-2017, 08:33 PM