Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people
(11-14-2017, 10:28 PM)Dill Wrote: I don't understand why speaking out on an issue that will likely bring a lot of heat down on him makes him a coward.

I didn't read any part where he said he didn't like white people. At one point he seems to be saying that some white people are accepting racist behaviors in a certain leader and saying they aren't down with it but it's the only way to achieve their political goals. Looks like he thinks white people willing to do that maybe see their fellow black citizens and their concerns as insignifcant or expendable. Is that what you mean by not liking white people? He seems to have white friends.

I can understand why the Trump support might be a concern to a black person. But you say the guy's "cowardice" is what bothers you most? He ought to be teaching his son to fight?

I don't see why that is a good response to the problem he is addressing. Will whites be readier to accept blacks as valued equal citizens if blacks teach their sons to fight? 

MLK accomlished a great deal by rejecting that solution. I don't think he was a coward though.

I’m not sure I have read a collection of more absurd notions in one post this side of a Dino Post.

I’m not sure I have enough time or space in this forum to teach you how to not be a coward. That was your father’s job. If you don’t know the difference than I’m not sure what to say. All I know is that you should t tell your child that people are out to get him and he should be afraid to the point he shouldn’t have any friends who are white.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people - StLucieBengal - 11-14-2017, 11:01 PM