Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people
(11-14-2017, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, he could have been doing a great many things; however, I can only go by his words and provide you with an example for which you asked.

I'll leave it to you to paint them with rationale and to try an infuse "coloreds" not getting served at restaurants about 60 years ago into the equation.  

He said this:

. . . . these recent months have put in the starkest relief the contempt with which the country measures the value of racial minorities. America is transfixed on the opioid epidemic among white Americans (who often get hooked after being overprescribed painkillers — while studies show that doctors underprescribe pain medication for African-Americans). But when black lives were struck by addiction, we cordoned off minority communities with the police and threw away an entire generation of black and Hispanic men.

From which you got a claim that doctors were to "blame" for blacks NOT having a social problem they would not want.  If your interpretation were correct, then the author wants blacks to have their epidemic too, but doctors are discriminating against them. 

I was just suggesting he might have been making an altogether different point, regarding a difference in "America" responds to crises affecting mostly blacks.

So it's not as if I were "painting" his or your words with a rationale, and you were just telling folks what he said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people - Dill - 11-14-2017, 11:21 PM