Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Hue as OC and Paulie G as HC work?
(11-15-2017, 10:33 AM)Madieu Superstar Wrote: Can we please stop with this? They went outside of the organization to hire Marvin, they should be able to do it again now.

I root for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl. I don’t root for them to settle. I settle in life. That’s why I have an unattractive wife and I sit in a cubicle all day. Sports are supposed to be a break from all that settling. Paul Guenther is the human equivalent of sitting hopelessly in a cubicle all day, waiting to die. I don’t want him to be the coach of my favorite football team. Because if he is, then being a sports fan becomes just like living life day-to-day, and that saps all the fun out of it.

I think you just pinpointed why people jump on bandwagons rather than root for a lousy team.  Personally, I'm the kid who always rooted for Wile E. Coyote to catch the Roadrunner even though I knew he never would.  Anyways, nearly 30 years of evidence leads me to believe that our next HC will be an internal promotion, or it might be someone from outside of the organization who will cave to Mike Brown's way of doing things.

I also find it interesting that you already know Geunther will be an unfulfilling cubical jockey of a HC (he probably will be) but you seem at least somewhat OK with the clock-punching dead-eyed schlub we have as HC now.  Marvin is evidence that Mike Brown can hire a hot external prospect and beat the zest for life out of him.  So...that's my take.  We will get an internal ho-hummer, an external bum who can't get another HC gig, or a decent external candidate who will be as ruined my Mike Brown as the coaches and players who stuck around.

(11-15-2017, 10:46 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'm ready to get the whole Marv stink off this team. Clean house!

It's worth a shot, but aren't we all pretty sure that Marvin just stinks of the Mike Brown way?  Look how we thought we were reborn in 2011 and 6 years later we see Dalton and Green looking more like Palmer and Chad...this franchise just drains people like a bad marriage, or one of those jobs we've all had where we are told told work harder while upper management keeps giving their idiot friends and their girlfriends promotions.  Sorry, to much real-life experience banging my head against a wall here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would Hue as OC and Paulie G as HC work? - Nately120 - 11-15-2017, 12:03 PM