Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would Hue as OC and Paulie G as HC work?
(11-15-2017, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So we know that the Bengals FO has worked primarily here and not for other teams. A lot of our coaches have been here for over a decade in many cases.

What you get from external hires is someone who will come in and mix things up and bring processes that work for other teams.

Maybe it's new practice drills. Maybe it's a different weight lifting philosophy. Maybe it's focusing on a particular aspect of offense. Maybe it's a different kind of film study.

It mixes things up from the norm.

As long as the new HC gets the authority to choose his coaching staff. Supposedly, Merv was able to choose his staff for the most part and while I believe it was his decision to keep some of the coaches, I can't help but think that Mike Brown kind of REALLY "encouraged" Merv to keep some of them.

The new HC MUST be allowed to choose whomever he wants free of any influence from Brown. Heck, I would go so far as to encourage the new HC to not bring back any coach whatsoever.

It's not going to really make any difference to hire a new HC, if we bring back a majority of the current coaching staff regardless of their talent.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would Hue as OC and Paulie G as HC work? - PhilHos - 11-15-2017, 12:26 PM