Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people
(11-15-2017, 08:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Are we still arguing about one person's opinion piece?

That is the point of the thread.  Sorry, you actually have to voice an opinion to participate in this thread, no news articles or gifs to help you here.  No wonder you're frustrated.

Quote:Because it seems like people are choosing a side based on...wait for it...their own opinion of the opinion.

In the exact same way we'd be opining on an op-ed written by a white supremacist or any other racist bigot.

Quote:We can all get along no matter the race, gender or sexual preference.  Some people won't.

So you disagree with the article in OP?  Finally an actual thought from you not copied from elsewhere.  Will wonders never cease!?!

Quote:Some people will actively try to get "them" out of "their" neighborhoods or demean an entire race based on the action of a small minority of them.

Yes, like the article in OP

Quote:That will make some of "them" mad enough to treat the other side with the same standards.

And the cycle continues.

Correct, the cycle will continue unless good people, who are not racists and bigots call out the racists and bigots regardless of their ethnicity.  

(11-15-2017, 12:11 PM)Dill Wrote: You and Vlad and Lucy love to react to "leftist" texts and then share your projections. Your impressions square with Vlad's which square with Lucy's and maybe Bfine's too, though he didn't finish reading.

Hahaha, I wonder if you know just how painfully transparent you are here.  This type of post is why, despite your attempts at erudition, you're largely considered a joke.

Quote:Suddenly we have our own right wing echo chamber on a single thread. All ready to challenge the "blatant racism" of an author who judges an "entire ethnicity of people" by asserting that "we can stand beside one another against cheap attack and devaluation" and "live together and not simply beside one another."

I believe people have articulated, quite well I might add, how this article is obviously racist.  Specific examples have been cited and dissected.  It's telling that rather than try to refute those argument you revert to claims of group think and "echo chamber".

Quote:Prediction: You will continue sharing your impressions of Yankah's text without ever demonstrating you can follow his argument. And you will continue sharing your impressions of my response without ever demonstrating you can follow that either.  

I'm sure not to your faux intellectual standards.  Arguments have been given.  Refute them with what passes for your intellect or kindly shut up with your condescending insults.  I'll reiterate, you're transparent and you'd be funny as well if you didn't actually believe all the tripe you spout.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-15-2017, 12:32 PM