Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people
(11-15-2017, 03:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's break down what I could stomach of the race-baiting Op-ed:

This first paragraph starts with a 4 year old child trying to clarify how many people he can consider his best friend. The father responds with images of Charlottesville and tells his 4-year old child that some folks hate others just because they are different. He even admits to causing his 4 year old son to go into a panic

This isn't even close to what was quoted by you:

Quote:My oldest son, wrestling with a 4-year-old’s happy struggles, is trying to clarify how many people can be his best friend. “My best friends are you and Mama and my brother and …” But even a child’s joy is not immune to this ominous political period. This summer’s images of violence in Charlottesville, Va., prompted an array of questions. “Some people hate others because they are different,” I offer, lamely. A childish but distinct panic enters his voice. “But I’m not different.”

The father doesn't respond to the child's question with "images of Charlottesville".  He responds to his child's question about the images in Charlottesville.  His child panics because of the simplest (and true) answer. 

Dear lord that is a horrible interpretation of just the opening lines.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people - GMDino - 11-15-2017, 03:39 PM