Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people
(11-15-2017, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You didn't answer the question posed Mr interceptor. What does Charlottesville have to do with a 4 year old child asking his father how many people can be his best friend? 

The son asks "How many

The father reflects on Charlottesville and obviously shares his reflections with his son 

Then his answer to his son is:. “Some people hate others because they are different,”

So my original interpretation of the first paragraph is exactly what happened. Son asks an innocent question, father directs it to racism. He should be ashamed as should any bystander trying to give merit to his response.

He clearly is stating the childish questions "how many friends can I have" also came with more serious questions about why charlottesville happened, or what happened (the question is unstated).  To which the father explained in a way a young child would understand.  He didn't say they happened in succession or that one prompted the other.  

I can't wait to get to line three!   Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people - GMDino - 11-15-2017, 04:54 PM