Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people
(11-15-2017, 06:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes I believe he does.  I would guess he always has, and has now found an excuse to be open about it.  We have no problem saying we know there are white people who hate black people.  I don't know why it's so hard to believe there are black people who hate white people.  I used to like this saying a lot, but it became overused so I'm not as enamored with it, but here it's apt.  "When people show you who they are, believe them."

Oh I can admit there are black people that hate white people.

I'm talking about this one opinion article.

As I read it I see a man who grew up with some racism but someone who thought the world was getting better and better until Trump.  And he uses Trump as the centerpoint for how the neo-nazis now march more openly and Trump supporters defend him when he doesn't condemn the nazis.  

I read it as one black man tired of seeing white people who are still racist who WANTS to tell his son he CAN be friends with anyone...but feels he cannot because of racism.

I think he's wrong.  And that his son should be open to everyone until they prove themselves unworthy of friendship.  There are LOTS of reasons to not like someone or to distrust someone.  The color of their skin isn't on that list.

I just didn't read "hate" in his words.  I read despair and being tired of the same old same old.  Even if he's exaggerating it.  His opinion.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYT: Can my Children be friends with white people - GMDino - 11-15-2017, 06:31 PM