Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sessions considering second special councel
(11-16-2017, 04:04 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I understand your sentiment. But I just believe that the establishment is the actual problem. I don’t trust them at all. I prefer vast differences in my politicians so the electorate can have a real choice. Not the big money donors squeezing out everyone that isn’t in the establishment.

You must understand that when I refer to the establishment in that post, it isn't about the politicians. Mueller isn't a politician, he's a civil servant. He's a bureaucrat. Folks in civil service catch a lot of flak, some of it deserved, some of it not, and there are assuredly corrupt ones that us honest ones want to see out on their asses as much as anyone. But, bureaucrats know how to get shit done. They know how the system works and they know how it often gets abused.

Now, for elected officials, I'm on the record saying that for the lower chambers especially I like a lot of turnover. I like new blood in their to represent the people. I think establishment officials in the Senate and the White House are important, though. The role of the Senate is to bring stability to the legislature. They have been doing a shit job of it lately, but that is what they are supposed to do. The POTUS heads the largest bureaucracy in the hemisphere, if not the world. I don't see how someone that isn't establishment can do that job effectively.

All of that being said, I'm against big money in politics. However, we have the conservative court to thank for making it even more prevalent than ever before.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sessions considering second special councel - Belsnickel - 11-16-2017, 10:27 AM