Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump admin to reverse ban on elephant trophies from Africa
(11-16-2017, 02:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: From your article:

Now, I'm not sure how hunting an animal can benefit the conservation of said animal, but assuming it does, how is this a bad thing? Are you just against hunting? Or is this the "Donald Trump sucks so everything he does sucks" type of thing?

I think unless you are talking about survival or population control it's selfish to take another creatures life for amusement. Just to basically stroke your own ego and make something feel inferior. The whole trophy aspect supports this. Why not just parade it's head around on a pike and plant in your front yard? Why would anybody be proud of killing an elephant?
I suppose this is how it conserves them...

"Legal, well-regulated sport hunting as part of a sound management program can benefit the conservation of certain species by providing incentives to local communities to conserve the species and by putting much-needed revenue back into conservation," a Fish and Wildlife spokesperson said in a statement.

So I guess they are saying you sacrifice a few to wealthy people and they get some cash for the rest of the elephants. It seems more like the opportunity open to them rather than an ideal solution.

It also bothers me because Don Jrs hunting adventures are well documented and I'm of the camp that Trump is a self centered man who's ambitions don't go past his own interests. So yeah I can't stand Trump but that didn't sway my opinion and I'd feel the same regardless.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump admin to reverse ban on elephant trophies from Africa - CageTheBengal - 11-16-2017, 02:52 PM