Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Female Ranger School Gaduates
(08-20-2015, 05:14 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The silence is deafening.  Didn't realize it was so difficult to answer a yes or no question.

What briefs well?  Explaining the intent of Ranger School is leadership training? Or explaining leadership isn't specific to the military and applies to many different scenarios?  Are you aware ACAP teaches transitioning soldiers to translate their leadership experience into resumes for civilian employers?

What is your point?  Women aren't worth the time and money spent on Ranger students?  That's very Biblical of you.

Name the leadership schools which teach "more appropriate tactics" and define WTF "more appropriate tactics" are.

Are these two women "tab chasers"? You don't have any idea.

LMAO.  I learned more TTPs at Ranger School than professional development schools such as PLDC, BNCOC, OCS, and OBC combined which are required for promotion.  I don't know WTF you're talking about.  

Here's a digital copy of The Ranger Handbook . . . https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/ranger.pdf

Looks pretty "minimal."  LOL  I suggest you read Chapter 1.  Then explain how it doesn't apply to these two women.

You're completely missing the point.  Ranger School isn't designed to make you an infantryman just because they teach small unit tactics of the infantry platoon and squad.  The patrolling, sleep and food deprivation, etcetera is designed to teach and test the students leadership abilities by stressing them under simulated combat conditions.

When I was at 3rd Ranger Battalion it was required of every oscillating Richard.  I wonder why?  

Oh, so I guess the answer to my question is, "yes."  You did learn leadership at Ranger School.  Now I understand why you didn't answer my question.  

Developing leaders helps them assume the next level of responsibility to ensure mission accomplishment and the welfare of their troops.  I don't think it is ever a bad idea to teach leadership to leaders.  I don't understand why you or anyone would believe otherwise.

[Image: i-mjpPbcp-S.jpg]

Ranger School is by no means the only method to teach leadership.  There are good leaders without tabs and bad leaders with tabs.  But, like the sign says, "Not for the weak or fainthearted."  If they have the courage to try (which is more than most) who the hell are you to tell them, "No"?

I didn't answer your question because you get overly excited about everything (must be that calm under pressure you learned at Ranger School).

No where did I state anyone who wants to go to Ranger School should not and I said absolutely nothing should be taken away from these females; I simply said my opinion is mixed. If we are looking for ways to trim the budget there are much more inexpensive and effective ways to teach leadership. Sorta like the guys we saw walking around with Jump wings having a total of 5 jumps.

You mention the modern day battlefield and fail to mention that there is no longer a desert (where we are currently engaged) phase in Ranger School. I'm not even sure if the modern cirriculum addresses unconventional warfare, mostly just squad level tactics.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Female Ranger School Gaduates - bfine32 - 08-20-2015, 10:21 AM