Poll: Does Devon Still Make the Team this year?
Yes! Makes the 53 man roster
No he doesn't make it all
Yes he makes the practice squad if eligible.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon Still Makes the team? I don't see it.
(08-18-2015, 07:29 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Cracks me up when people mention Peko as being on the block.  How many ex Bengal coaches (some now NFL head coaches) have to indicate he is a very productive player before people give up this nonsense?  His job is to tie up the interior OL and take up space, which he actually does it quite well.

What he does isn't pretty but it must be effective cause every coach they play seems to comment about his productivity.

To cut somebody you have to have better player options, not only starters but back ups also.  The Bengals do not at the present time.  Peko is not going anywhere - and shouldn't.

Peko actually gets pushed back a lot now in his twilight years. Sure Zim said he was the best NT in 2009, but it's 2015. I like the guy and his locker room leadership. But not sure how you can watch him play and think he is a dominant NT any longer. Watch him closely next game, you'll see. It may be moot point now that Simms is out with a groin injury. These things tend to work themselves out unfortunately due to injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devon Still Makes the team? I don't see it. - jj22 - 08-20-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: Devon Still Makes the team? I don't see it. - #1 Bengal Fan in KS - 08-18-2015, 03:24 PM