Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leftists reckoning over Bill Clintons sex assault allegations
(11-17-2017, 10:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This has been going around a lot in the right wing media, but there is a problem with this "hypocrisy". A large chunk of those liberals that are taking the hard stance now weren't involved back during the Clinton presidency. Take myself. At 32, I am in the older Millennial group, which is a larger chunk than the Gen Xers before us. I hit high school in 2000, and started getting political later than that. Honestly, I still don't know much about the Clinton allegations. I know the names Lewinsky and Starr, but beyond that what went on didn't find its way into popular culture enough for me to know about it. Since Bill is no longer running for office and I consider him to be a problem for Democrats for a number of reasons, I just never bothered reading much more on it.

Anyway, that is what is going on with the liberal base. For the elected officials that were there, honestly, again, I don't know too much about it. If they personally weren't engaged in sexual misconduct, then I can't only hope their attitudes towards how this topic should be handled have changed over the years. If not, they need to get replaced.

Geeze...I didn't know you were still a kid!   Ninja

I'm 48.  I voted for Clinton in 92.  I said he should resign after lying about the affair because it was a distraction to him doing his job.  What should have been a family problem was a national problem.  I also felt like Starr went WAY over and above what he was suppose to be looking for to find that, but that was water under the bridge.  Hillary's response in defense of her husband was bad...but she was defending her husband.  Strip away the politics and you have a woman who wanted to believe her man...and he lied.  

All these years later that it keeps coming up as the go to for any GOP affair/sexual allegation is just sad.

At least the Weiner references are relatively new.  But he isn't running for anything and won't hold office again.  Unlike the guy in NC (or was it SC) who left office over an affair and then ran for the same office a few years later.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leftists reckoning over Bill Clintons sex assault allegations - GMDino - 11-17-2017, 10:37 AM