Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The 2012 draft was a masterclass by the front office
(08-20-2015, 11:12 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You need to do some research. I looked up a few well respected franchises 1st round picks from 2001 to 2012 (too early to judge after 2012) and we are discussing 2012.

Seattle - had 13 picks and missed on 8 so hit only 38.5% of 1st rounders. A. Curry, L Jackson, Spenser, Tubbs, J. Stevens, K Robinson, J. Carpenter, K. Jennings.

Colts - Missed on 5 of 11

I think if you look, you will see there are more 1st round misses than you thought by a lot of teams and not just teams bad at drafting like Cleveland

I see a lot of people saying "free agency is a crap shoot!" as a way to defend the Bengals for never making big moves. At least you know what those players are capable of at an NFL level for 3+ seasons.

The draft is the ultimate "crap shoot", and as you've pointed out, even the teams that are considered to be great at drafting miss on high round picks more often than you'd expect.

I also don't know why some people would say our draft can't be considered great for missing on a high round pick (Still) without realizing that Iloka being a great late rounder makes up for missing early. Iloka was a top 3 coverage S last year, and that's among all 64 starters at safety and not just the ones at his exact, technical position of SS.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 2012 draft was a masterclass by the front office - djs7685 - 08-20-2015, 11:17 AM