Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Female Ranger School Gaduates
(08-20-2015, 10:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't answer your question because you get overly excited about everything (must be that calm under pressure you learned at Ranger School).

LMAO

I say again, Ranger School is a leadership school.  It's not Miss Manners' School of Etiquette for Politely Dealing with Stupid People.

Quote:No where did I state anyone who wants to go to Ranger School should not and I said absolutely nothing should be taken away from these females; I simply said my opinion is mixed. If we are looking for ways to trim the budget there are much more inexpensive and effective ways to teach leadership. Sorta like the guys we saw walking around with Jump wings having a total of 5 jumps.

Right, you simply stated they will never use the training, you wonder what was the point, all it means is they will be able to wear a tab, suggested there are other schools they could attend instead, suggested there are school to teach "more appropriate tactics" to women as if tactics are gender specific, suggested they are just tab chasers with no intention of using the training, suggested they are only participating for promotion reasons, and Ranger School teaches minimal TTPs. 

Still waiting for you to know those other leadership schools.  Still waiting for you to define more appropriate tactics.  Please explain how women react to contact differently then men react to contact.

Quote:If we are looking for ways to trim the budget there are much more inexpensive and effective ways to teach leadership. Sorta like the guys we saw walking around with Jump wings having a total of 5 jumps.

And here you suggest they aren't worth the cost of the training.  But, you didn't state anyone who wants to go should not?  You questioned the basis of why women should even go in the first place because they will never use the training.  You're are asking why should someone go when there is no reason for them to go?  You implied answer is:  they shouldn't go.  Lucie is wearing off on you.

Quote:You mention the modern day battlefield and fail to mention that there is no longer a desert (where we are currently engaged) phase in Ranger School. I'm not even sure if the modern cirriculum addresses unconventional warfare, mostly just squad level tactics.  

It is a leadership school.  Leadership applies to any environment.  They don't have to teach leadership in Dugway or White Sands to apply the lessons in Afghanistan.  It is not an MOS producing school which you seem to think it is.  Why does Ranger School need a desert phase when you claim you can teach leadership elsewhere?  Do you know why Desert Phase was eliminated?  To save money.  The defense budget needs to be trimmed because it has grown for over 10 years while we have scaled back dramatically in Iraq. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Female Ranger School Gaduates - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-20-2015, 12:34 PM