Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kraft not appealing punishment from NFL
If I was a Saints fan, I'd be pissed that Belichick didn't also get suspended, ignorance isn't an excuse.

More specifically, the letter from Commissioner Goodell suspending Payton explained that his denials of knowledge “are inconsistent with the contractual responsibility to supervise and direct the coaches and players, and with the obligations imposed on you by the NFL Constitution and Bylaws.” Goodell also said “[i]t was your obligation to know of such a program and to stop if once you did know.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/11/why-didnt-belichick-receive-punishment-for-deflategate/

EDIT: I don't think there's much Kraft can do about it, he's one of 32 owners and has to abide by the policy/punishment to his franchise as dictated by the contract he signed when he acquired the team.

Brady is not obligated to follow the rules of that contract, which is why he's appealing thru the NFLPA (which is the group that protects the players from the NFL and owners). There was no pillow/couch talk deals done between them for Brady's lowered suspension.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kraft not appealing punishment from NFL - Mike M (the other one) - 05-20-2015, 10:45 PM