Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Conversation with Willie Anderson (Fbook)
(11-20-2017, 11:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And another question is...then why arent coaches training guys in the off season? Last time I checked a football player is paid year round. 

No, they don't. Players do not get paid during the off season, OTA's, training camp or pre-season games. (they do get a weekly per-diem for expenses for OTAs and training camp).
During the regular season, they get paid 1/16th of their salary per game. Post season games are paid by the league, not the team.

Hey, I just finally figured out why the Bengals don't come down harder on Burfict for getting suspended....every game he's suspended, MB saves money! He saves 1/16th of his salary plus I believe Burfict gets an active roster bonus, which wouldn't have to be paid when suspended!  It's all starting to make sense now..... 
Tongue

What I got out of Willie Anderson's response was don't be overly critical of the offense coaches. You have to have quality players to start with, willing to put in the time and effort it takes to excel. In other words, coaches can do what they do, but today's NFL isn't conducive to polishing turds. 

At least that's what I got out of it.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Conversation with Willie Anderson (Fbook) - BMK - 11-20-2017, 01:00 PM