Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Conversation with Willie Anderson (Fbook)
(11-20-2017, 02:52 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's homering it up but he's also not wrong.
With the NFLPA rules about practice and how colleges are enforcing practice regulations now, you have to seek out additional work if you're an OL now.

You have to want to put in that extra work to succeed. 
There are so many camps and places that offer training that you can't get from a team. 

There's an OL problem across the sport. At every level
Started when contact was put on major limits at practices. 

And the problem here, specifically, is so layered and starts with Mike Brown and his cheap ways forcing coaches to do more than, well....coach. 

Agreed, but we're still dead last in rushing and YPC, and near bottom in sacks/hurries/hits.

23 teams are averaging 100+ rush yards. We're averaging 68. 

21 teams are averaging 4.0+ YPC. We're averaging 3.0. 

If it's guys not willing to put in work, then you still blame PA for selecting guys with poor work ethic. I'm not buying that PA has no time in the offseason to work on technique, though. During the season, sure. IIRC, it was Zeitler who said they don't make corrections to technique in-season. That would imply that they do make corrections in minicamps and training camp.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Conversation with Willie Anderson (Fbook) - Shake n Blake - 11-20-2017, 03:06 PM