Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Conversation with Willie Anderson (Fbook)
(11-20-2017, 03:16 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You are kind of missing the point. He can't work with those guys in the offseason by rule. 

It's up to the players, now more than ever, to seek out additional work because the team isn't allowed to. 

9 weeks, 5 on field and with incredibly limited work is not enough time to "coach guys up" on the OL. 

You can blame PA for a lot of things and that's fine. But don't act like Willie is blowing smoke when he says players have to take the initiative. 

There are a ton of contributing factors to why we are so bad running the ball. OL being part of it and probably the biggest but not the only part. 

And we should really be more focused on why PA is so involved in the draft, there's no way a position coach/assistant head coach can have the time thoroughly scout as well. 
It all comes back to the systemic problems from Mike Brown. 

I'm not sure what point I missed. He has some time to work with these guys, and all 32 teams are working under the same parameters. Yet it's our run game that's consistently 20th or worse in efficiency since 2006. Our run game that's bottom of the barrel this year. Our team allowing a top 5 amount of sacks over the last 2 years. 

I'd say you're missing my point, which is that even with the rest of the NFL playing "poorly" (which is very debatable), we're still at the bottom. Something has to give.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Conversation with Willie Anderson (Fbook) - Shake n Blake - 11-20-2017, 03:26 PM