Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keystone pipeline springs leak in South Dakota
(11-21-2017, 05:07 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah I dont know how much of it would actually reduce prices, no one really knows unless it is actually built to be fair. But as we have become so dependent on the Saudis and others for oil, it would be a 'good' thing to have in place for the long term. 

What I do know is that the world needs to work together and make a serious push for scientists to discover not only a new energy source, but the technologies to harness that energy into moving vehicles and our homes so we can get off of fossil fuels. Solar, wind, and whatever is not what I am talking about either because those are not the answer for cars, planes, space aircraft etc for the future. I see those as bandaids that will bridge the gap between fossil fuels and that undiscovered fuel source.

Of course this is a pipe dream (pun intended), because governments and big oil companies worldwide will try to shut this kind of progress down when it comes down to it.

For years I've advocated for the US government to provide a huge incentive to whatever company comes up with the technology for sustainable, cheap energy. $10 billion or something astronomical. Take the lead, own the tech and then sell if to smaller countries. Basically our approach with weaponry, but instead of blowing stuff up, we'd be selling countries their ability to be a little more independent in regards to energy. The 'bounty' sounds high, but not if you think about how much other countries would pay to control their own energy needs, and our ability to stop subsidizing oil costs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keystone pipeline springs leak in South Dakota - Benton - 11-21-2017, 05:29 PM