Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Beside Green On Offense Might Score On Browns ?
(11-24-2017, 12:19 PM)Mer Wrote: Dalton needs to quit throwing to the running backs behind the line of scrimmage. He's done that several times this year and they lose yardage. If the backs would run an out and up type pattern I'm with you. But a couple times this year I wasn't sure if the back was going to catch the ball or the linebacker covering him.

That's what happens when your offense becomes predictable. Our offense is more predictable because we're limited in what we can do. We're limited thanks to the o-line being a sieve. You can't just take halfback screens out of the playbook. It's a necessary staple for any offense. Plus we'd become even more predictable, if that's possible. Andy typically doesn't have enough time to wait for RB's to leak out and go on actual routes. 

To the OP: Kroft is the logical choice, considering our run game has only 3 TD's on the season and LaFell isn't usually much of a scoring threat. I don't think anyone else has scored more than once all season (besides Green, Kroft, LaFell, Mixon).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who Beside Green On Offense Might Score On Browns ? - Shake n Blake - 11-24-2017, 01:08 PM