Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim O's Latest Walkthrough
Thanks all!

Loved that tweet -- didn't see it initially!! Made my day.

Hunt is definitely a d-end. He's participated in full contact since the first preseason game, but I could see them being extra cautious in Tampa. But he for sure will play this preseason (barring another setback). Right now I'm leaning toward this team keeping 10 d-linemen (using the Burfict/Ogbuehi PUP spots). The position group is just so strong and they found something in the UDFA Williams, it gives them some roster flexibility.

Carter continues to flash in practice as a rush end in the nickel, but I don't doubt he's got to create pressure and/or sacks in some of these preseason reps to validate it. He's still kind of on the outside looking in if everyone gets to cutdown week healthy, but it's intriguing for sure. I appreciate it from a coaching perspective in that right now, he probably isn't worth being on the field on the weakside over Vinny Rey and Marquis Flowers and PJ Dawson. And he got the QB with his hand on the ground in college, so why not put him in a position to succeed and see if he does? Worst case is he's not better than the other defensive ends and hey, what do you lose, really? Best case is he's this amazing pass rusher that gives your defensive scheme more versatility.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - Bengalholic - 08-18-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - Stewy - 08-19-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - XenoMorph - 08-19-2015, 10:35 AM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - XenoMorph - 08-20-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - XenoMorph - 08-20-2015, 12:51 PM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - XenoMorph - 08-20-2015, 04:21 PM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - jowczarski - 08-21-2015, 01:34 AM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - fredtoast - 08-21-2015, 11:08 AM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - SHRacerX - 08-21-2015, 08:21 AM
RE: Jim O's Latest Walkthrough - fredtoast - 08-21-2015, 11:13 AM