Poll: Should the NFL still have a preseason?
This poll is closed.
yes
42.11%
8 42.11%
no
57.89%
11 57.89%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the NFL disband preseason?
(08-20-2015, 07:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1)  Reason the country is so football starved is because there's so little of it.  People get excited for the draft and Combine because they're so rare and will have an impact on the league. I just think that a league like that would dilute football and people wouldn't give a shit about seeing it.  How competitive and skilled would it really be?  Sure, you'll have some good players, but would it be enough to field an entire team?  I guess you could just make it a small league and not like a farm system where every team has a farm team.

2)  Point is how many players would end up making it?

Might be worth a try, but I just don't see it happening.

If a young guy is good enough, he can find a scout to get his name out.  

Also, most teams have an extensive scouting department, which we seem to lack, and, even if there's not a lot of media coverage (or any), if a guy is ripping it up from a small school, there will always be some kind of buzz, especially with everything being all over the internet now.

Hell, every conference, even down to d3 and NAIA, have a website where someone can see highlights, stats, game evaluations, and anyone making a splash.

Maybe it would help for some guys who need a little more development, but I just don't think that enough players would develop enough to make it into the NFL to make it worthwhile.

I don't know.........  maybe if they had a league that was 10 or less games per season, it might work, but I think you'd have troubles drawing enough interest for that to cover expenses, and a lot of trouble drawing interest to cover any more time.

When would you make it, though?  Football season goes up to February (playoffs included), then in the Spring you have March Madness, baseball starting, and even people getting ready for the draft (which I still think would draw more time and attention than this league), Summer is baseball and people being at the pool, playing golf, and doing other things that are going to take priority over seeing a bunch of scrubs who probably barely made any noise in college, and then football season.

I just don't see it working.

1.) football is the number 1 sport in America because people love the game not because its not played very often. Its our soccer if it was played year around  as well people would still love it.
2.) It would be more like what the summer league is to the NBA then another football league all together. It would be for the hardcore fan more so than masses.
3.)Easy play it in April-May. Each team plays in 3 division games, The only teams that make the playoffs are the division winners,  you have an 8 team playoff to determine the championship.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Should the NFL disband preseason? - J24 - 08-18-2015, 11:29 PM
RE: Should the NFL disband preseason? - J24 - 08-21-2015, 02:15 AM