Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Michael Bennett, WR, UGa
(08-21-2015, 01:14 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: I'm white so I can say this people on these boards do tend to overhype Caucasian skilled players. You can hate me all you want but I swear everytime we have a white guy at a skill position he gets over hyped

No doubt, but I don't begrudge Samoans for being "biased" toward Peko and Rey. And if a black dude wants to pull for Josh Johnson to start at QB, I don't care. None of it's racist, and it's not racist for me or you to pull for a guy like Bennett or Kumerow. We all identify more with people who look like us. But the biggest thing is always the uniform. Hence we buy our swag. Plus, we see a ton of people (many of them white) wearing #18 and #27 and #97 jerseys. But I doubt any of us here would ever buy a Brady jersey. 

That's not to say that racism is not a problem in this country. We don't even need to go there. But I don't think overhyping white skilled position players is a problem. So long as it doesn't get insane. I'd never want Winston to start in front of Andre Smith. And I don't want Rex starting ahead of JHill. Anyone who goes that far MIGHT have some issues. LOL, but I've never seen a case like that on these boards. 99% of everyone here is reasonably smart. The other 1% usually get banned, some more than once.  ThumbsUp Rock On
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals sign Michael Bennett, WR, UGa - BURROWorBUST - 08-21-2015, 03:00 AM