Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her
(11-28-2017, 05:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sure you've seen good come out of the system.  However your responses:

Oddly enough, you left out this part from my very first post in this thread;

Quote:I have worked with CSEC youth and many other youth in the criminal justice system.  Most of them come from situations that we would all lament and not even wish upon or worst enemies.  Some of them are good people who were never properly taught, who can, and often are, saved and become productive members of society.  Some of them are, quite honestly, evil people who commit horrible crimes.  While we can lament the life that created the criminal they have become we cannot allow ourselves to mitigate their behavior because of it.  I tell people in the juvenile justice system all the time, I am pro-kid right up to the point that I become pro-victim.

When you ignore evidence that doesn't support your position you weaken any point you may think you're making.  If you confined yourself to addressing points actually made you may sway an opinion or two.

Quote:...are just as snide as you accuse others of being.  They come of as a disregard for trying to rehabilitate because of "16 years of experience".  If someone with 20 has the opposite view are you wrong?  25? 40?

No, but they'd have a solid foundation for said opinion and they'd be able to articulate it.  What you're attempting to do is dismiss experience with the actual population we're discussing as "jaded".  It's the exact same thing as telling a career military officer that they don't know more than you about combat because they're experience "jaded" them.  I said it in my first post, you have to come to terms with the fact that I know considerably more about this issue, both in real world experience and training, than you do.  The fact that you don't personally like me shouldn't prevent you from admitting such an obvious fact.

Quote:I don't have to believe you are jaded.  I don't have to believe anything to disagree with you on your opinion in *this* case.  I'm sure there would be others we would agree on.  But in this case you want to stick to "the facts" of the killing versus "the facts" of her life.

The facts of the killing determine the charges, for which she was convicted.  The facts of her life come into play during sentencing as a potential mitigating factor.

Quote:Is killing her pimp to rob him better?  Than killing the guy who paid to have sex with her?  What is the value of the pimp's life versus the value of the guy picking up 16 year old girls and paying them for sex?  

If she killed her pimp a very credible argument for self defense could be made, or at the least that she saw no other alternative.  Escaping a pimp who controls your life, and both physically and sexually abuses you, is vastly different than killing a guy so you can steal his cash and fire arms.

Quote:There is plenty of room for debate.  However I'm sticking with she got a raw deal based on her life.

Hell yeah she got a raw deal.  I stated this, again, in my original post.  I promise you if you go to any prison you'll hear horrible childhood stories from at least 80% of the people there.  I won't even get into some of the cases I've seen.  You can feel horrible for the child while holding the adult/teenager responsible.  Should this woman get a chance at an earlier parole date?  I don't think many people would have a huge issue with that.  Should it be tomorrow?  Not in my informed opinion.

Quote:Hopefully she gets the opportunity to make a better life for herself too.

She already has and she seems to be taking it.  I hope she sticks to it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Child sex slave in Nashville prison for killing man who used her - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-28-2017, 06:02 PM